Walk the Property
- HST is applicable on the sale of this property and is not included in the above stated price.
- Property is located off the Zion Church Road down a 700 meter private road leading towards the river. Zion Church Road is off Route 495.
- Lot will have access to electrical service in the fall of 2014.
- This property (PID 25415159) is part of the Jack Pine Forest development, which consists of 4 separate lots (see listings # NB1D3 and NB1D4), a green zone to protect your investment and a designated right-of-way to the river for future lots. Significant investments have gone into road development to ensure safe and efficient access to the properties.
- The 2.5 acre property is 500 feet deep and has approximately 180 feet on the St. Nicholas River, exactly at the point where the West Branch and the South Branch of the river meet to form the main river, offering an amazing 180 degree view of the river system. The St Nicholas river, which is nice and wide at the property, is ideal for boating and canoeing as it connects to the Richibucto River system.
- Property consists of a beautiful field sloping down towards the river, with pockets of Jack Pines scattered throughout. A lovely brook runs along the eastern boundary of the property. This portion of the lot, which makes up a third of the total property, is covered with a spruce, fir and birch forest.
Location and taxes
- Property is set in a beautiful rural setting and is approximately 15 kms from the town of Rexton (population 818) and less than 20 kms from Richibucto (population 1286). All amenities are available in either town. The City of Moncton is 45 minutes away.
- Many homesteads and ranches in this area, many of which are horse owners.
- The ocean and beaches are 20 minutes away.
- The area has several schools, a curling rink, and a golf course (in St. Ignace 30 minutes away).
- The Richibucto River system and watershed is one of the largest in eastern NB and contains many tributaries. The main river is over 35 kms long and motorized boats can easily cover over 20 kms of this distance, including along the St Nicholas river.
- The Kouchibouguac National Park is 25 minutes away
- Property taxes are $269/year
History and socio-economic landscape
- In 1898 South Branch was a farming and lumbering settlement with 1 post office, 1 sawmill, 1 grist mill, 1 church and a population of 400. The community was also known as Warrens Mills.
- There were Irish settled all along the Richibucto River system and its tributaries, the St Nicholas, Bass and Molus Rivers – in places like Mundleville, Main River, Targettville and Bass River.
- The region was originally inhabited by Mi’kmags, many of whose descendants still reside in the nearby Elsipogtog First Nation (population 1985). Acadian settlers first colonized the general area in the 18th century and the first English-speaking settler was Thomas Powel who arrived in 1790.
- Rexton is the birthplace of Bonar Law, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1922-1923).
- The region is a mixture of Aboriginal, French and English, Rexton being mostly Anglophone, and Richibucto being mostly Francophone.
- For more information on the region, click here.